GOMBE STATE MNCH SCORECARD JAN-JUNE 2018
This scorecard is a true reflection of the Maternal and Newborn Health indices in Gombe state from January to June, 2018
The Data used is an extraction from DHIS2.
From the scorecard indicators, Gombe state recorded good progress in the total percentage of Deliveries taken by skilled birth attendants.
However, the Gombe State Accountability Mechanism for Maternal and Newborn Health (GoSAM) is advocating for the State Ministry of Health to ensure:
- Regular and adequate provision of Intermittent Preventive Treatment for pregnant women
- Timely distribution of data tools to all Public Healthcare facilities to address issues around under reporting of data especially ARV prophylaxis
- Timely release of budgeted funds for HMIS to facilitate PHC data quality and entry into the DHIS2
- Production and timely distribution of IEC materials that gives information to health workers to support and encourage early ANC visits to health facilities by pregnant women
- Airing of radio jingles and TV programmes to raise awareness on acceptance of early ANC for pregnant women
The scorecard was produced by the Gombe State Accountability Mechanism for Maternal and Newborn Health (GoSAM) in September 2018 with support from E4A-MamaYe